Question: "What questions can I ask at the end of the interview to understand the product culture of the company?"
1. Ask them about the product vision.
Bad: sounds like a set of features.
Good: sounds like an inspiring better life for the customer
2. Who is in the product team and how is structured?
Bad: Just PMs and a C-level exec
Good: Combination of PMs, engineers, designers and analysts empowered to win.
3. Who owns the roadmap?
Bad: Comes from the top or sales-driven
Good: Collaborative effort led by PMs
4. Who talks to the customers?
Bad: Relationship is guarded by sales or management.
Good: Anyone can. Full access for PMs
5. How is customer Intel democratized across the team today?
Bad: Documented and shared via memo
Good: Analyzed & discussed in weekly meetings
6. What nagging challenge would the inclusion of a Product Manager solve for them?
Bad: They need a documentation caddie, extra pair of hands or someone to throw at a client.
Good: they need someone to research the customer, highlight top opportunities & rally the team to build.
7. Assess how passionate they are when they speak about the product.
Bad: they sound like a robot with low battery.
Good:They can't shut up about the possibilities.